It’s the first week of November and I’ve already put up the Christmas Tree. It was the best decision I’ve made this year. The glow of those lights bring so much joy and warmth into our home and it was just what we needed during this season of 2020. Anyone else feel the same?
You know what else brings me warmth and makes me feel all cozy and comforted inside? Soup! (Well, it’s not the only thing, but it’s the thing I’m talking about in this post.) Maybe it’s because soup season, in our home, also means colder temps outside, snowflakes drifting to the ground (if we’re lucky), being wrapped in our favorite cozy blankets near a roaring fire, and homemade hot cocoa with all the sweet toppings. Soup season just feels magical to me. Do you have a recipe that does this for you??
This Tortellini Soup is definitely one you will want to add to your soup season collection. 😉 It’s an easy and delicious meal that you can have in bowls and on the table in under 45 minutes. Serve with shredded parmesan cheese on top and and a side of garlic cheddar biscuits. You’ll have your whole family asking for seconds. 😉
- 2lbs of Italian Sausage
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 – 28 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- 2 – 32 oz boxes of Chicken Broth
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon chopped basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 2 – 9 oz packages of cheese tortellini
- Heat 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large Dutch oven pan. Add chopped onions and sauté till soft.
- Add sausage and cook till no longer pink.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil then cover and let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add tortellini and spinach and cook for another ten minutes.
- Serve with shredded parmesan cheese on top and a side of garlic toast or drop biscuits.
They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts. – Acts 2:48