When I think of Pecan Pie, I think of my momma. It is her specialty. And it is THE Thanksgiving dessert that our family and friends always request that she makes. Sitting here picturing her in her apron, just a couple of days before Thanksgiving, preparing these delicious and beautiful pies brings such a smile to my face and a warmth to my heart.
But here’s the thing. I am not a big fan of pecan pie. Shocking right? I don’t even think I’ve ever made a pecan pie. One, because momma always makes them and two, they aren’t my favorite. I will, however, choose pumpkin pie. Every. Single. Time.
That is until I made these brownie bars. YA’LL! I may not be a big fan of pecan pie, but I AM a fan of combining a chocolate gooey base of a brownie with the sweet and crispy top of a traditional pecan pie. This dessert completely flips the script and will now be a new addition to our Thanksgiving table.
Chocolate Pecan Pie Brownie Bars
- 1 Box of Chocolate Brownie Mix (I use Ghirardelli)
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup of Corn Syrup
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Cups chopped pecans
- Mix brownie mix according to package directions.
- Pour brownie batter into a greased 9×13 pan and bake @350 for half the cooking time directed on the box.
- While brownies are baking, combine sugar, corn syrup, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a bowl or warm up in a sauce pan on the stove. Mix together thoroughly then add pecans.
- Remove brownies from oven after pre-baking and pour pecan pie filling over top of brownies. Spread evenly.
- Return brownies back to oven and baked for 25-35 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool to room temperature before cutting into squares.