This weekend went by too fast y’all. My sweet boy and his fiancé came in for a visit and my days with him always seem to fly by. And I’m always asking myself exactly WHEN did he go from being a tiny little human that I could hold in my arms to being grown and almost married???
While they were here this weekend we took full advantage of the nice evenings, grilling out steaks, hanging out on the back patio and eating homemade peach pie. Well semi homemade.
We have a sweet farmers market in town where the peaches are in perfect season and I truly believe your peaches can either make or break your pie.
Now, listen, I mentioned this was a semi homemade pie. I used frozen gluten free crust. Why? Because it was easy and quick and tasted just as good as if I made it from scratch.
I simply used the 2nd pie crust as the top, creating a lattice work. It might not be the prettiest here but there were no complaints coming from the mouths of those who ate it.
It was so good! And I get so much joy from the smile and satisfied bellies of my loved ones. I may have to make a few more of these before the peaches say farewell until their next season.
- 6 cups of diced fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon all purpose flour (I used gluten free)
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Lemon juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons of cold butter, cubed
1. Peel and dice peaches in a large bowl. 2. Add sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, lemon juice, salt and stir. 3. Place one pie crust in a pie plate (or use the foil pan it came in.) 4. Pour peaches in pie crust. 5. Placed cubed butter over peaches (spaces evenly). 6. Cut the 2nd pie crust into strips and lay them over the peaches, in a lattice work pattern. 7. Mix one egg and 2 tablespoons of milk, creating an egg wash. Then brush egg wash over pie crust. 8. Sprinkle with raw sugar. 9. Bake in a 350 degree (preheated) oven does 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the peach filling is bubbly.